Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A 'Coraline' Movie

Brownouts in Manila: hassle

Seems Neil Gaiman's children's book Coraline is going to get film treatment through the stop motion director, Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas). Although this is basically just talk for now, it looks very promising.

I wasn't here when Neil Gaiman came, nor do I own any of his books. I have read Sandman, though, although it was a long time ago. I cannot deny his genius, though (lest I be lynched by his legions of fans, a few of which are close friends of mine).

His very significant following here will definitely draw a crowd and I'm sure that this will be a sure winner in the Philippines. Plus, Selick's a genius.

In the meantime, Im excited to see another Gaiman creation on film, MirrorMask.


Props to Twitch, as always.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mirrormask... man o man o man... i'm going crazy just waiting for it!

9:35 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Tin: Yeah. I'm psyched!

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home