Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Preview: "Aeon Flux"

Image hosted by Photobucket.comJust saw the Aeon Flux preview footage, and all I can say is, I've never been so underwhelmed by any preview in my life. First of all I don't think Charlize fits the character at all (They could have done better with some skin-and-bones fashion model if you ask me. Acting caliber isn't exactly an Aeon Flux requisite. Plus That could have made it more loyal to the cartoon). The sets don't look at all like what we could call a "post-apocalyptic future" (there were trees everywhere). And lastly, the moves don't look at all sleek. The Aeon Flux character is known for her ability to slither into anything like a cockroach and contort her lanky body into freaky positions.
Well, before I put my foot in my mouth and taste the asphalt as that I could be wrong, just go ahead and take a look at the clip and, as what we all do in the internet quite saavily, judge for yourself.

The video game looks cool, though.

Here's a link to the official Aeon Flux site.

Ptops to the movieblog

10 Comments:

Blogger the rocketboy said...

jowch: I'm pretty sure they are going to deviate from the cartoon, but I hope that they make it as cool, if not cooler than the original.

5:18 AM

 
Blogger drei said...

from your comment on the preview alone, i have a feeling this is gonna be another catwoman or elektra. tsk...

if it delivers, then great!

12:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*crossing fingers* i luv the cartoons... i hope the movie gives justice to it.

7:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is me.

blasted enter key.

7:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: "The sets don't look at all like what we could call a "post-apocalyptic future" (there were trees everywhere)."

- There are trees bceause they're supposed to be in a walled "utopian" city. Uma, Mila or even Lucy Liu would have been better choices for me.

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Tobie said...

It is soooo bad. :-(
Yeah... a Catwoman. unless they are going to really make it look better in post-production.

But waaaah.. I love Aeon Flux.
Where did her hair go? Its in the logo ain't it?

9:39 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

tobie: Aeon Flux must not suck!!! Let this be our war cry!!!!


The repercussions will be great.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Azrael Coladilla said...

yo!

your blog rocks!!!!!!!!

3:59 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

azrael: Thanks! Just saw your TransFormers blog. Wow! That rocks! Can I link up?

5:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw it.
Now I regret it.

5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home