Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

American Mormons (And Their Filipino Help)

Hey Joe..I just got an email invite to purchase American Mormon from Excel Entertainment. I was pleasantly surprised (and a little amused) that Darin Tufts was the main dude in this straight to DVD release. Darin Tufts served a mission in the Philippines and was assigned in San Fernando, Pampanga, where I lived, for a few months. He was the junior Elder in our ward (our church unit) and knew very little tagalog. As a good missionary assistant, I took upon myself the task of getting this missionary familiar with his stomping grounds. I tracted (church talk for walking around and getting doors slammed on our face) with them on occasion and talked music and movies with him on a more regular basis.
Since this guy ate, drank and breathed movies, I figured this would be his true calling and would pursue it after his mission. Sure enough, I saw him as the geeky but spiritual best friend to the lead in The Singles Ward, another Mormon comedy.
Well good luck Darin, I hope you don't mind me name droppin' but a little more exposure won't hurt, right? (just UPS my copy of American Mormon, I'll email you my address...just kidding)

click here for the American Mormon website.

(Click here if you want to see a young missionary Darin and an unexplicably gay looking me.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude ang payat mo

5:17 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

aleq: Oo, nga eh

5:41 AM

 
Anonymous watch movies said...

Thank you for such a great reviews about the movies. I love seeing movie. It is one of my favorite task for doing in free times. Certainly, would go for this movie :-)

7:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home