Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Friday, August 26, 2005

"Memoirs Of A Geisha" Trailer Up.

Stop what you're doing right now, boy. I got you under my spellWow! I just got hold of the first run of the Memoirs of a Geisha Trailer. And all I can say is. I am so ready for this.

I have to admit. It is a little unusual to see all these fine Asian actors (Ken Watanabe, Michelle Yeoh, Gong Li) speak English in a pretty much Asian setting (parts were actually shot in sound studios in LA). Although it does seem like a winner so I'm putting may trust (and my P120) on Frank Marshall on this one.

"A geisha must be able to stop a man in his tracks with a single look". And, oh yes, she did make me stop doing what I was doing.

Click here for the trailer.

If you can't view it, go to Twitch

Props to Arsonist in the Twitch Forums for the links, I don't know you, man, but I love you...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rocketboy...i love the new background...

and of course with the Mona Lisa

3:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

digging the new look! sooo da-vinci-code-esque! =)

12:22 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Thanks, all....

I'm learning Photoshop, and its paying off.. next stop CSS.

The motif is Da Vinci Code, obvious ba?

I didn't have any idea that my changes would make it work for Safari and Mozilla. Twice the cool.

6:11 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Adobo: I haven't read the book. The railer looks really good. Do you think it is loyal (to the book)?

5:49 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Adobo: True...

5:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read the book. The trailer is quite accurate. (Quite accurate?! Anyway...)Hoping the whole thing is.

2:29 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

ann: Loyalty to the book is a minor issue I guess, For as long as they make a good movie out of it.

5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home