Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Video Games Don't Really Make Us Violent?

chart taken from KFCCinemaDo video games really make kids more violent? A lot of politicians and behavioral scientists say yes. However some researchers say say that there is no such relation. Some studies show that there are no real connections between violent video games and violent crime. In fact, the study shows a lowered crime trend since 1993 from offenders 12 years old and above. You can check the rest of the article here

I was very much into gaming when I was a preteen. You can say that I was one of those kids who skip dinner just to beat Super Macho Man in Mike Tyson's "Punch Out" (yes, I'm that pathetic. And yes, I'm that old). However I never had the urge to pummel someone in the face whenever I was slighted or offended. Neither did anyone else I knew. Truth be told, the people I knew who were violent and aggressive rarely, if ever, touched a videogame console.

Your thoughts?

Props to KFCCinema

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely agree dude! I grew up with punch out, rockman and contra too! the last time I punched a guy was in H.S. and that was even in self defense! I have not yet shot anybody too, with a real gun that is!

1:37 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Yup. Exactly. Pareho tayong lover, hindi fighter. May mga pala away talaga. Environmental and Genetic ang sanhi nyan. Hindi reaction to stimulus.

2:17 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

jowch: Haha, oonga no?

5:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home