Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sean Connery Quits Movies

Hollywood SchucksYeah, I had my doubts when I first heard about it. First of all, Sean Connery is, to say the least, into what we would call a moderate hiatus and is far from what would be called a has-been. He can still command a hefty sum for a supporting role and would probably still be a first choice for many filmmakers. However, the former James Bond isn't exactly ecstatic about his recent announcement.

"I'm fed up with the idiots ... the ever-widening gap between people who know how to make movies and the people who green-light the movies," Connery says.

The idiots he is referring to are the current generation of Hollywood Executives who, (and I share the same opinion,by the way) are destroying the very essence of filmmaking be rampant commercialization and politicking.

"I don't say they're all idiots. I'm just saying there's a lot of them that are very good at it [being idiots]. It would almost need a Mafia-like offer I couldn't refuse to do another movie."

It's sad to think that someone as experienced and respected as Sir Sean confirming the plague that's festering the Hollywood system. I do not hesitate to state that a milder version of this strain is currently consuming the much weaker Philippine film industry. India, home to the world's largest film industry (otherwise known as Bollywood), is also experiencing the same fate. What's happening? Is it all about the money now?

As Sir Sean Connery would say himself; "Hollywood Ssshchucksh!"
Props to the Movieblog and AttuSeesAll

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance he'd make a comeback in celebrity jeopardy? hehe...

12:32 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Jeff: Hehehe, reminds me of when they spoofed him on SNL.


Jowch: Yes. Listening to his accent is enough for me to go to the theater.

6:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home