Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Next MacGyver?




When I was 11 I thought that McGyver was the coolest guy. He could get into nuclear power plants and prevent radiation leakage using a melted chocolate bar. Ha! Bet those "brilliant" Russian scientists never thought of that! He could make a firesuit out of melted rubber hoses. I once tried to melt plastic to make a costume for my G.I. Joe, but I almost burned our dog doing it.He could kill a snake using a standard issue swiss army knife (I had one of my own, and I'm talking about the P2,000 ones from Switzerland, not the bangketa variety) and use a flare gun to propel himself away from jagged rocks while he parachuted over a cliff. I could go on....

We have also seen a number of 80's TV shows being produced for the big screen. I think nothing is more eagerly anticipated as a feature MacGyver movie. No doubt it will be a huge blockbuster as that it already has a built in fan base and can still be modified to the current times to get more fans.

The real question is, who will be MacGyver?




Paul Walker. Fast. Furious. Plus he's american.




Thomas Jane. We still have to see if he'll do well as The Punisher




Damian Lewis. Has leadership charisma as shown in "Band of Brothers", but will this Brit look good in a brown leather jacket?




Colin Farrell. Forget about it, Unless you want a Mac that nails chicks more than he completes missions.




Orlando Bloom. Too prissy? Yeah I thought so too."You have my bow..and my swiss knife."




Viggo Mortensen. Here's a serious choice. A real outdoorsman, perfect as Mac. But people might see too much of Aragorn in him.




Brad Pitt. Pretty boy who can be tough and rugged as well, but could be too big of a star.




Ed Norton. Sorry, had to add him.




Tom Welling. Too young. Plus I think he's being reserved to be the REAL next Superman.




Jude Law. He could be the perfect European McGyver.

Who do you think will make the perfect MacGyver? Hey, why not make your own list then post it as a comment. I'd like that!








6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Justin Timberlake? Why is he not included in the list? - glyphed

5:29 AM

 
Blogger J said...

how bout will smith? hehe...

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MacGyver is Richard Dean Anderson. end of discussion

8:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MacGyver is just that........Mac. Richard Dean Anderson is and will be the only MacGyver....top that.

2:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THOMAS JANE as MacGyver
JACK BLACK as Jack Dalton
BILLY BOYD as Murdoc
MICHAEL CHIKLIS as PETE THORNTON

5:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a scene in Hulk with Edward Norton, where he hides on the university ground waiting for Liv Tyler to appear. There for the first time I realized that Edward Norton has the same sketches in his face while thinking, while moving. If a new Mac Gyver will be shot he should be the choice for Mac...

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home