Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

American Idol: Look Alikes

I have been closely watching this season's American Idol like a dog behind a locked back door (I'm not really sure what that means). Somehow, this batch has the best of both worlds. It has it's share of promising vocal divas, (Katharine, Paris and Mandisa) and some real powerful male voices (Chris, Elliot and my personal favorite Taylor). I know I should root for Sway Penala, but I will have to see him sing more than just Reasons, because I know 7 other male singers in Pampanga ALONE who can sing it like he can, sometimes even better.

I was posting in PinoyExchange very recently and thought it would be a great idea to make a look alike list of some of this year's top 24, you know, to fish out some coments and possibly bring a few smiles to some of my kababayans out there. Being the attention whore that I am, I expected a lot of feedback the day after. Well, to my surprise, the threads have grown several pages and no one has commented on any of them. Not once. My ego bruised, I commented very minimally after that. Why? Wasn't it funny? Have I lost my touch. Were the PeX Idol fans just a bunch of humorless hacks and self proclaimed vocal critics and social deviants who dont have a life and who dont like a good laugh every now and then? Here let me show you what I did...

this is silly

Taylor Hicks and Michael Mc Donald (Doobie Brothers)- They share the same salt and pepper 'do and most importantly, sound alike (according to Paula.


I definitely, definitely would...

Lisa Tucker and Rae Dawn Chong (Goodbye, America; ER)- Their resemblance is so uncanny, you'd think they're twins.

ok she's fat, I'm not

Katharine McPhee and Rachel Ray(The Food Network)- Sure she can sing better than the other girls, but can she whip up a Pasta Primavera like Rachel can?


my motto: time is gold

Heather Cox and Kaley Cuoco (8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter, Charmed)Both girls somehow get by with their carrers despite their lack of talent by just looking incredibly, incredibly hot.


And Finally...


April Boy is da true Filipino Idol

"Para sa 'yo, ang laban na 'to..."

4 Comments:

Blogger patintera said...

Hahaha! Oh, my side!

11:09 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Thank you for laughing. It means a lot to me...

5:23 AM

 
Blogger drei said...

wahahaha! natuwa ako sa last. but i don't like gideon. hehe. :)

si taylor parang ang daming kamukha. ang maisip ko lang ngayon ay si jay leno. hehe. :)

4:31 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Sabi nga ni taylor "Leno without the chin..."

Nakalimutan ko nga si Kevin Covais...Chicken Little!!!

4:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home