Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Choose Your Own Stupid Adventure

Nobody Loves Me, huhuhuhu...
Here's another retro mind-trip. Choose Your Own Adventure Books. I remember reading at least five of these when I was about 9 years old and I remember loving them. I had that book with one of King Arthur's Knights and his adventures with a dragon or something like that. The thing is I can never remember how the stories went because there were so many friggin' endings. In retrospect, I think the books suck now after having read John Irving. Of course, we have to take into consideration that these books were designed to cater to the tastes of 10 to 12 year olds with short attention spans induced by playing long hours of Nintendo. I actually saw some guy back in fourth year read this crap and I thought to myself.."What a loser".

Then I went back to playing with my G. I. Joes in my lonely corner.

Here's a link from SomethingAwful.com. It's a hilarious collection of what if..covers.

Enjoy.

Props to Robert Berry of retrocrush.

1 Comments:

Blogger drei said...

i own a lot during my elementary days! i used to have tons of bookmarks because i want to finish everything properly. hehe!

1:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home