Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Friday, April 14, 2006

Some Mandatory Movie Updates

click on image to supersize
Some news in the Hollywood and Korean Cinema forefront.


Some new Superman Returns images have come out, and they sure look nice. One is of Clark Kent running looking like he either is going to change to Superman or he really needs to go to the bathroom. Another is of Lex Luthor (as shown) chillin' in Superman's Fortress of Solitude. Now We gotta see this before we see the entire movie in jpeg format...

More Superman image goodness here.




Korea's new monster movie The Host is slowly gaining momentum and international interest. This will be Korea's first attempt at making a big-budget special effects film. The budget for this film is at a whopping 10 Billion Won (yes that's 10 Billion. That's a lot of Hyundais). Plus it stars Korean legend Song Kang Ho and a personal favorite of mine Bae Doo Na.

Oh and to those who haven't really heard or cared but never really went out to find out. The DaVinci Code author Dan Brown's legal case over the copywright of the material for his book had ended last week, in favor of Brown and his publisher. This means the sked for the movie's release is still a go for May 19th. Hopefully it gets a simultaneous release in the Philippines so that book-lazy filipinos everywhere can finally see what most have us have read years before (sorry my sarcastic horns were trimmed last week, now they're growing back). Seriously, I've seen the trailer and I think it's going to be great.

I wish I could do a movie review, but honestly, I haven't been seeing a lot of movies lately. I haven't seen Hostel or Ice Age yet...like I hear anyone complaining...

7 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

kevin spacey looks so cool as lex.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

7:35 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

I agree. I think he does Lex more justice than Gene Hackman did. Not that he did a bad job...

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Mob said...

So do you think Singer will be able to work his movie magic here as he did with X-Men? Here's hoping...

1:20 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Brian Singer has been very consistent. He also did The Usual Suspects which is now a classic and a primary example of what a perfectly executed plot twist can do to a story. There are rumors of a jaw dropping plot twist in Superman Returns. There are may speculations, but I guess its best to wait and see.

I cant wait....

3:53 AM

 
Blogger Mob said...

I guess you would call me a Singer fan, it looks as though I've seen everything he's made so far, and having checked out your links, I'm rather amused with the bald Spacey, this should be interesting to say the least.

2:00 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Yeah, he looks like a more dignified Dr Evil.

Hey lets trade links!

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Mob said...

Sure, why not, it'll give me an excuse to fight with the HTML a bit. Check back later this weekend to see how the battle went.

8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home