Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Superman Vs. Batman Buzz



A lot of buzz has been generated by the alleged tie up between the two DC Comics franchises Batman and Superman. Superman director Brian Singer seems to have his eye set on the project since Wolfgang Peterson (Troy, Poseidon) dropped the idea a few years ago.

Today, Singer tells MTV that he’s considering the “Batman Vs. Superman” film – but not before The Man of Steel has a couple more singly adventures.

"I've thought about it for a long time — even a longer time ago, actually," the director revealed. "But I don't know who would be the villain. I guess Batman would be the villain, but then he can't be too bad, because he is Batman”.


Once this is confirmed, it will officially become the most anticipated superhero movie-ever. Forget that Superman Returns was less than great. Forget that Batman might become the villain. This will rock!! It also has the potential to become the riskiest superhero movie yet. The amount of baggage this team-up already has, couypled with the scrutinizing eyes of critics and fanboys alike. It will become a tightrope walk from pre-production to premiere.

Too bad the Spiderman/Daredevil tie up never happened. The two being owned by different studios. That would have been cool too.

Props to Moviehole via TheMovieBlog

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Sorry for getting in touch with you this way, I couldn’t find your email address anywhere.

I am interested in doing one keyword rich article for your blog for free.

I am assessing the quality of articles I am capable of churning out at a reasonable speed and I have chosen your blog as one of the few sites I am offering this free service to for my trial run.

Although you will pay nothing for it, I will appreciate it when you accept to use the article, if you agree to include a small link at the end saying that I did the article for you and leading to my blog where I offer this service.

If you are interested you can get in touch with me at freespecialreportz at yahoo dot com.

If not, kindly forgive me for intruding in this manner.

Warmly,
Chris
P.S. Please do not think I am a novice at this. I am already regularly distributing valuable free content to hundreds of sites and blogs on the net. A recent example of an article of mine that has proved to be very popular is one that talks about how to make serious money from low traffic sites even as you work on building future traffic.

2:01 AM

 
Blogger drei said...

ano daw? hehe.

yep heard about this project a long time ago. and now that both superman and batman films had just been done, i dunno if i want this kind of film to happen. weird lang kasi, i'm a fan of batman, pero parang superman is supernatural, parang malabo si bruce manalo. =S

12:43 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Actually sa mga comics, Its Batman who wins everytime. Superman may be ore powerful, but he's kinda dumb. Batman uses his wits. All Batman needs is Kryptonite lined gloves and he can kill Superman with his bare hands.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger *eLLe* said...

blog leaping :)

i prefer batman over superman :)

12:15 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

elle and devilla:

be this a piece of crap or not. It will be highly, HIGHLY anticipated.

Most likely it will be a piece of crap. But fans all over the world ...including myself will always cling to hope that it wont.

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home