Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just Chillin'



Well, it has been a while since I moved out of Manila and settled permanently in San Fernando. Things have been very slow recently. I keep myself busy by cleaning the house and watching older movies. I really don't know what to do with the hundreds of DVDs I have in my room. I might be able to sell some of them that still kind of have value, like the rare ones. Bu mostly I want to keep them just for posterity's sake, so that my kid will one day find out that daddy actually plunked cash for "Just Married".

Anyways, I have an idea I'm kind of playing around with in my head. I'm thinking of shifting my focus from movies to travel. I don't know if you guys would like to read about me going to the market, or about my latest Cebu beach trip, I guess it's all about what I want to write about. You see, I love movies, but there was a time in my life when movies were all I really cared about. Now things have changed. When you're 30 and you still talk about movies rabidly like a zit-faced fanboy, it kind of makes you stop and think.

Still, writing is in my blood. It is the one talent I know I am good at, that I get a lot of praise for, and I will not put it on the wayside just because I don't want to watch Hancock.

What do you guys think? Should I write about other stuff, or should I stick to movies and music?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep two blogs? :)

" I love movies, but there was a time in my life when movies were all I really cared about. Now things have changed. When you're 30 and you still talk about movies rabidly like a zit-faced fanboy, it kind of makes you stop and think"

I can totally relate. If only I have time now, I'd keep a personal blog (with movies of course) and a photography blog. Di na ata mangyayari un :)

8:26 PM

 
Blogger patintera said...

well, paul, your blog's named the rocketboy chronicles ain't it? not the rocketboy chronicles movies. so write whatever, man! bring it.

10:59 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Hey, thanks guys. You know, I really appreciate your feedback. i will be reviewing some films every now and then, but I will be more on stuff that happens to me and other weird stuff. I might post more photos too.

10:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write whatever excites you. Doesn't have to be movies all the time.

9:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rocketboy... where are you? so you're totally not going to review movies anymore? no way! i miss your reviews. this is the first blog i go to (or used to go to) when i want to check out new movies and movie reviews.

come back, rocketboy!!!

5:53 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Hey tin. Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I am doing an oscar special before the month ends. I so miss doing this...

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Natethegreat said...

Hey this is natethegreat and im making a shout out to the Philippines from the US and I like your blog alot and want to learn more about blogging I'm currently studying about the philippines and would like to learn more if you could help keep your blog active bye.

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home