Analog Thoughts on a Digital Age

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Movie Preview: "The Prestige"



There are a few directors in cinema that have been consistent with the quality of their work. Christohper Nolan is one such director, having brought us the reverse-storytelling masterpiece Memento and, of course Batman Begins. He is now set out to release The Prestige. A story based on a novel by Christopher Priest about two magicians in the 1900's competing for their audience. Much like David Blaine and Chris Angell nowadays. Their desire for prestige, draws them to extreme means, even murder.

The cast includes Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale (Batman himself) as the competing magicians. Also in the cast are Michael Caine (also in Batman), David Bowie, Andy Serkis and Scarlett Johannsen.

I only do previews like this when I look forward to a movie. Let's just say I'm looking forward with my face in the windshield...

Click here for the trailer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, your movie reviews are primo but I've noticed you're a little too excited in publishing your posts. Try to go over the text once before a final submit.

So are they musicians or magicians? And $135 in three days is hardly noteworthy. LOL!

10:50 AM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Haha! I noticed that. I have PC restrictions and I only have 5 minutes to do these posts during my break! Thanks!

12:38 PM

 
Blogger drei said...

hey, i'm actually very excited in this movie! and hugh jackman has two other films by two other great directors this year! (darren aronofsky and woody allen)

5:50 PM

 
Blogger the rocketboy said...

Thanks drei. Yup 'The Fountain' is definitely on my 'to watch' list. 'Scoop' is good too.

1:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home